Table of contents
In my previous post, I mentioned that I was using ChatGPT for a refresher of the projects I built for the Udacity CDE nanodegree (and Cloud concepts in general). It was really interesting to use so I compiled 10 of the questions I asked the bot in the last 7 days and the responses I received.
Documenting for future use!
1) Explain port forwarding in Docker to me like I'm 5
2) In port forwarding, why do the container port and app port have to be the same?
I asked a couple of follow-up questions on forwarding to different ports and I got some feedback as well. However, it also sent some misinformation that almost confused me but I got the error response/apology. In hindsight, it was partly my fault since I didn't specifically state in the other questions that it was port forwarding in Docker and I realised that when I learnt about port-forwarding with
Not me having a conversation like it was human 😂 😂
3) Is there a tool to automatically generate Terraform scripts from a CloudFormation script?
4) Can I save the results of running
terraform plan in a file other than
5) How to Use Helm or another method to deploy the ALB Ingress Controller in an EKS cluster
6) Why can you forward to a different port with
kubectl but not
7) Can I create a Kubernetes service with more than one
8) My Kubernetes service of type
LoadBalancer has a
"pending" external IP, why?
9) Does Minikube support
I did not understand the "MINIKUBE IP" part but I found a better answer in the Minikube documentation about using a tunnel instead; run
10) Must I create worker nodes before pods can run in an EKS cluster?
I asked a lot of other questions but the main point is this tool has been extremely helpful in the past few days and I should have started using it earlier!
And you should too!
If you are on a learning journey like me; whether you are transitioning into a different field or just transitioning into tech (or any field I assume!), you should give it a try.
It might make learning a bit easier and more fun!
Thanks for reading, let me know if these helped you and see ya in the next post!